Neha Bajpai. Int J Recent Sci Res. Invited for research articles.
Register for a free account
Call for Papers-August Copyright Release Form. October Coming soon. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me , I am happy to help you :. Search this site:. Coming Issue.
National Academy of. NAAS Score:.
For more details click here. Tracking Email Address. Open Accesss. Support Article How to avoid plagiarism? Author s : Bernhard Schaller , Klaus Prank.
DOI : The trigemino-cardiac reflex TCR is defined as a sudden onset of parasympathetic dysrhythmia, sympathetic hypotension, apnea or gastric hypermotility during the stimulation of any of the sensory branches of the trigeminal nerve. The sensory nerve endings of the trigeminal nerve transmit neuronal signals via the Gasserian ganglion to the sensory nucleus of the trigeminal nerve, forming the afferent pathway of the reflex arc.
Through this physiological response, adjustments of the systemic and cerebral circulations are initiated to change cerebral blood flow in a manner that is not yet understood. It appears that the cerebrovascular response to hypoxemia is, to a large extent, due to this reflex and generated by the activation of neurons of the rostral ventrolateral reticular nucleus. The existence of such endogenous neuroprotective strategies may extend beyond the actually known clinical appearance of the TCR and include the prevention of other potential brain injury states as well.
Trigeminocardiac Reflex by Mandibular Extension on Rat Pial Microcirculation: Role of Nitric Oxide
Start on. Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode. Full Name Comment goes here.
Are you sure you want to Yes No. Neelam Thagaria. Show More.
Google Scholar Cited
No Downloads. Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds.
- Seismic Resilience of Natural Gas Systems - Improving Performance.
- The trigemino-cardiac reflex: beyond the diving reflex | Frontiers Research Topic;
- Galactic and Intergalactic Magnetic Fields.
No notes for slide. Trigemino cardiac reflex 1.
- Nobody True;
- Trigemino cardiac reflex;
- Handbook of Statistics 5: Time Series in the Time Domain.
- Trigeminocardiac reflex during zygomatic-complex surgery, a rare phenomenon.
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies: 13th International Symposium, PETS 2013, Bloomington, IN, USA, July 10-12, 2013. Proceedings.
- Trigeminocardiac reflex. A clinical phenomenon or a new physiological entity?.
It is well documented in cases of ophthalmic injuries and ocular surgeries. Change of ten percent or more in the heart rate or dysrhythmia as compared to the control was taken as positive OCR.